Early Education - Grade 5
Welcome to Mike Mountain Horse Elementary School. Our school serves approximately 685 children from Early Education to Grade 5. We just celebrated our twenty-seventh year in our building which was named after Mike Mountain Horse, a former chief of the Blood Tribe.
Mountain Horse School is a place where:
- children do their best in all areas of learning.
- people feel good about themselves.
- everyone is encouraged to get along.
- parents and community are partners in learning.
- MMH school provides an environment where the academic potential of each child is promoted and celebrated.
- MMH school is a learning community which fosters adaptability and flexibility to cope with change.
- MMH school is a place where all people are respected, recognized, and supported by others.
- MMH school provides a safe environment where people are responsible for their own academic progress, personal, and social behaviour.
- MMH school shares the responsibility for education, involving home, school, and community through open communication and cooperation.
Welcome back to Mike Mountain Horse for another great school year! The staff at MMH are prepared and excited to serve the 687 students that attend this vibrant, family oriented school. Our school offers Early Education (formerly referred to as preschool) as well as K-5 programming. MMH is proud of the school motto: “We Have a Special Spirit” which is shown through our welcoming and inclusive school climate, where diversity is celebrated and friendships and relationships are nurtured.
The staff at MMH are dedicated to student learning and believe that the school is a place of wonder, promise, and possibility for children. At MMH, we are aligning our professional development and school goals around the vision of Alberta Education, which is to continue with foundational literacy and numeracy programming, and to support students with developing 21st Century skills and competencies they will require to reach their fullest potential and contribute in meaningful ways to better our world. To access more information about this initiative, please click here.
The spirit of our school and the success of our students is strengthened through community and parental/guardian engagement. At MMH, we value these relationships and encourage your involvement and participation within the school. Please don’t hesitate to volunteer in your child’s classroom, attend school events, or help out with driving for field trips. All parents/guardians are welcome to Parent Council meetings and Spirit Assemblies that occur once/month. As always, if you have any ideas, questions, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to make an appointment with a teacher or school administrator.
I look forward to a year of opportunity!
Yours in learning,
Principal, Mike Mountain Horse School